Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mother's Day Celebration | Guest Blogger Cherie Circie



In Celebration of Mother's Day I have asked a few amazing women (who just happen to be mom's) to guest blog for me. It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you my first guest blogger EVER; Cherie Circe. As you will read below Cherie is an amazing Mom to two little girls that she adopted from china. I love her unique experience. So without further ado...Here is her blog! cd3 I am a momma to 2 girls, Rebecca is 9 and Leah is 7. Our family was created by adoption. Both of our girls are adopted from China. Rebecca was 13 months old when she was adopted and Leah was 19 months old when she was adopted. Without the sacrifice of another women half-way across the world, I would not be able to celebrate Mothers Day as a mom. IMG_0207 I often wonder about the situation that my girls’ birthmothers were in to bring them to the choice of adoption. I do believe that God’s ultimate plan was to bring these two girls from China to be my daughters. My girls have such different personalities from each other. Rebecca is more outgoing; she’s creative and artsy; more like me. Rebecca is strong willed and has an opinion on just about everything. Then: DSC00162_0100 Now: cd17 Leah is more reserved; and very thoughtful of others feelings; more like my husband. She is a very easy going kid. They both are a wonderful combination of our personalities. Then: china Now: cd18 Since both of my girls were adopted at a toddler age instead of an infant age. I did miss out on some of the “first’s” that happen in that first year of life. I missed the first rollover, the first new tooth, the first crawl. How much did they weigh at birth, was it a tough delivery? But since I became a mom, I have had so many more “firsts”! Their first day of school, their first bike ride, even their first Mothers day and Fathers day that they got to celebrate! You see not only did I get to celebrate my first Mothers Day in May 2005, it was also my daughters first Mothers Day to celebrate with a mom. And then 2008 we celebrated Leah’s first Mothers day! The act of adoption touches so many lives. It’s creating families at the same time it is breaking hearts. As you celebrate Mothers Day this year, appreciate the family that God has given you. cd1

2 comments:

rachel minton said...

This is beautiful Cherie!! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing family with all of us :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Cherie. We love your beautiful family! Kelly

Post a Comment